St. Joseph’s (Canton Parish) Federal Credit Union was chartered on March 9th, 1942. With continued growth, it has become $71 Million in assets with 2 locations serving over 6,000 members.
St. Joseph’s FCU was started with nine members of St. Joseph’s Roman Catholic Parish in Canton, Ohio. In 1944, the Credit union started doing business in the basement of St. Joseph’s Catholic Church. Business was carried on here for a number of years. In 1958 the Credit Union moved to an office at 115 Clarendon NW. Due to continued growth in 1982 the move was made to 3211 West Tuscarawas where we remained for 6 years.
In May of 1982, membership stood at 2,396. Some significant additions were made including share drafts, Visa cards, student loans, and getting our own in-house computer system. Again growing pains revealed that the facility needed to move, 1901 Whipple Ave NW, and so on August 12, 1989; we opened the door at this new address for business. On October 1, 1996 St. Peter’s (Canton) Parish FCU merged with St. Joseph’s FCU.
A new main office was built in January of 2008 at 1811 Whipple Ave NW, this was the first time the Credit Union ever owned its own building. Began serving members in this new office on August 11, 2008. On July 2, 2010, STJ FCU opened the first Credit Union in Louisville, Ohio. As we continue to grow in the area, the credit union decided to move its Louisville office from downtown to its own full service branch office at 315 Sherban Court, on July 1, 2013. Our brick and mortar will stay the same for a while, but our membership, services, and assets, will continue to grow.
St. Joseph's Federal Credit Union Louisville, Ohio
St. Joseph's Federal Credit Union Canton, Ohio